Sunday, November 16, 2008

I ordered business cards

So like I keep saying, I'm so unhappy in my current job. Sad Days. I'm not an unhappy-in-my-job kind of girl. I like working, generally. I generally like my job. Just not this time.

So I went to Vista Print and ordered business cards for two companies I'm starting. (I suppose when I decide to take charge, I go all out.) One is April Line Writing, and that's the one I'm most serious about, and the one that already basically exists since I have three proper clients. The other is Mama Lirpa's Cookies.

I only have a groovy slogan for Mama Lirpa's Cookies. "We take the hassle out of home baking." The idea is that I'll sell cookie dough (or prepared cookies). I also like the idea of being a cookie caterer. I show up with the cookies and keep the coffee made and the cocktails refreshed so that the host(ess) can enjoy her party. That'd be fun. And I'd be wicked good at it. So anybody know anybody?

I joned LinkedIn. But seriously, NOBODY I know is on LinkedIn.

I think I'll change my employment on all the other social networking places.

Wednesday, I'm making cookies for a local B2B netoworking group.

Things are looking up.

2 comments:

April said...

MAMA LIRPA!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Oh, Lordy. One of my best friends has called me Lirpa since we met 11 years ago. Ah, classic.

April said...

I know it--my dad has been trying to get me to start a business called "Lirpa's" anything since I was 11!!

My boss calls me Lirpa now. I call her Euqi-nom de plume.

Does blogging seem vain to anybody else?

Hey--it's neat that you're here reading this. This is an interesting village. I mean, the one I'm making up here. You'll be bored sometimes, sure. But where's the fun in being interesting ALL of the time??

I think it should go without saying, but I have felt the need to say it recently:

All the stuff in this blog, except where otherwise noted, is my intellectual property, and if you'd like to use anything here, kindly seek my approval.