Tuesday, February 19, 2008

I'm so...

busy. Blindingly so. Weeks and weeks have escaped without my notice.

My mind is mush. It's barely after 9pm and it feels to me like 2am after some late nights.

There is still so much more to do!

Today I bought file boxes for establishing my files. I've been seriously remiss in my use and maintenance of invoices, organization & adult responsibility.

I also cleaned up my house. It was filthy. It was distracting to live here. I'm about half way through the laundry with 2 12-hour work days coming up. I've started replacing my light bulbs with the high-efficiency ones. They're a little more expensive, but I remember a time when they were $14/bulb. I bought 2 for $6 at Target recently. And they have like an 8 year life running 4 hours a day!

Ms. Pearl is so cool. I took her with me tonight to work--it's my day off, but we were having a 2009 Forester preview night and some of my customers were showing up--and she played so well with this fantastic family to whom I sold a car a few months back. She's such a polite, delightful child. Surely she's intensely busy, and has the normal 2-year-old stuff, tantrums, lack of fear, etc. But she's such a little individual.

She makes me proud to be her mommy. She makes me want to be a mommy again. I don't really think that's in the cards for us, but it's true. I could dig a more-traditional family experience, and I bet Pearl would get a big kick out of having a sibling. But totally unlikely.

This is what happens when April doesn't sleep much, when April is working too too hard, when she doesn't keep up with her friends--she writes boring, boring, boring blogs.

She also has intense, intense dreams & anxiety. She is considering psychotherapy, and considering a full-time switch to discussing herself in the third person...

No comments:

Does blogging seem vain to anybody else?

Hey--it's neat that you're here reading this. This is an interesting village. I mean, the one I'm making up here. You'll be bored sometimes, sure. But where's the fun in being interesting ALL of the time??

I think it should go without saying, but I have felt the need to say it recently:

All the stuff in this blog, except where otherwise noted, is my intellectual property, and if you'd like to use anything here, kindly seek my approval.