Friday, October 29, 2010

Novel Research

No, not hey hey it's novel to do research (which it kind of is).

More like, researching to write a novel. These are the things I need to know about: Pig Farming in the late 40s and early 50s. Women in the military in WWII, what they would have been doing in France. Women's health and birthing politics in France in the early 50s. The rest of it I know about: bad romantic choices, guilt, and too much working.

Here are the characters so far:
Ella
Albert

There have to be children and other lovers.

This story will honor my grandma, my dad's mom. She was a before-her-time kind of feminist, but would never have called herself one. She was proud and smart. She was someone to admire.

No comments:

Does blogging seem vain to anybody else?

Hey--it's neat that you're here reading this. This is an interesting village. I mean, the one I'm making up here. You'll be bored sometimes, sure. But where's the fun in being interesting ALL of the time??

I think it should go without saying, but I have felt the need to say it recently:

All the stuff in this blog, except where otherwise noted, is my intellectual property, and if you'd like to use anything here, kindly seek my approval.