Friday, December 21, 2007

Breaking it in

I've decided to start writing a novel.

I am a feminist single mother, and my job is to sell cars at a very male-dominated car dealership in a very conservative part of the country. I like my job, but it is teeming with material, and there are things about my ideals as they are in conflict with my position that make it somewhat difficult to face each day.

I'm about 75 ideas and 500 (rough) words on my way.

Also, there is freelance writing to be done as well as teaching. All the "hey! you can freelance, too!" advice I've received suggests starting a blog. I blogged on MySpace for about a year. You can look a those by going to www.myspace.com/georgette_magillacuddy.

I also blogged a bit at Live Journal and once and again at FaceBook. But those are slightly less-public venues.

So Welcome, I guess. And enjoy.

No comments:

Does blogging seem vain to anybody else?

Hey--it's neat that you're here reading this. This is an interesting village. I mean, the one I'm making up here. You'll be bored sometimes, sure. But where's the fun in being interesting ALL of the time??

I think it should go without saying, but I have felt the need to say it recently:

All the stuff in this blog, except where otherwise noted, is my intellectual property, and if you'd like to use anything here, kindly seek my approval.